How to validate demand for any E-commerce product
Nothing is more discouraging than devoting time and effort to developing a product that you believe will be popular only to discover that no one is interested to buy it once it is launched.
My experience has shown us that there are a variety of effective techniques to validate whether or not you’re selling something people desire, considering the fact that it took a lot of trial and error.
If you’re just getting started, here are a few tools for validating your product idea:
- KWFinder: You will find the websites that are ranking for your product keywords to see why and how they’re the top search result.
2. Google Trends: lookup macro trends around any specific topic.
3. Junglescout: You can find sales volume for any product on Amazon.
4. Alexa Similar Sites: You will find your competition by using a similar site search. Type in an industry leader and it will show its competitors.
5. Import Genius: look at import records for everything coming into the country.
6. Facebook Ad Library: lookup ads that are running on Facebook or IG for any brand.
7. Shopify Receipts: Buy a product from your competitor and look at the # on the receipt. All Shopify stores start at 1,000, so you can see how many orders have been placed.
8. SEMrush: Find the keywords your competition is ranking for.
9. Google Alerts: Stay notified about your competition and when they’re mentioned online.
10. Amazon Movers and Shakers: You can identify the biggest gainers in sales rank compared to twenty-four hours ago.
11. Tiktok Creative Center: Discover the best performing auction ads on TikTok. Bonus: search #tiktokmademebuyit on Tik-Tok.