13 Most Innovative Crypto Artists of 2021
The latest developments in the NFT Gold Rush.
For those not familiar with the NFT market, the amount of money that the top artists are making will likely come as a shock. The business has already made millionaires out of several artists and that trend could continue. Here are a few artists that are on my watchlist that you should look into if you are interested in trading in the NFT Collectibles market.
1. Beeple — Aka Mike Winklemann. Beeple is a graphic designer from Charleston, SC, the USA who does a variety of digital artwork including short films, Creative Commons VJ loops, every day, and VR / AR work. Beeple’s artwork was featured on Louis Vuitton’s Women’s Spring 2019 ready-to-wear collection as well as window displays at their flagship stores all over the world. One of the originators of the current “everyday” movement in 3D graphics, he has been creating a picture every day from start to finish and posting it online for over thirteen years without missing a single day.
This digital artist has made over $21 million from his works with his highest-selling piece going for $6.6 million.
2. Treverjonesart: Trevor Jones is a renowned painter and crypto artist. As the crypto art space has taken off, so has Trevor Jones’ career. He has become one of the most successful and renowned artists in the space — NG is thrilled to welcome him back for his ‘FROM PALETTE TO CANVAS’ collection, his first since the legendary ‘Picasso’s Bull’ collection in 2020. Trevor has by far the highest average sales on SuperRare ($5,326) and his very first NFT sold there for over $10,000.
He now also has the highest-selling NFT artwork ever with his Picasso’s Bull animation here on Niftygateway selling for a massive $55,555.55. Trevor lives to create.
Trevor has received over 11.5 million$ for his artwork so far.
3. Maddogjones — If you’re a lover of illustrations depicting post-apocalyptic cityscapes, you may already be a follower of Mad Dog Jones on Instagram. The Canada-based artist specializes in digital compositions depicting cyberpunk scenes and visionary dreamworlds.
Mad Dog Jones will release animated works under a series entitled Crash + Burn as well as Burn Mechanic. A total of ten works will be available to purchase on Nifty Gateway’s website starting February 18. The last time the artist teamed up with Nifty Gateway, he sold work for over 400,000 USD with Deadmau5 and believes these next drops will “surpass that.”
This time the gap between artists is much smaller with this creator pulling in roughly $11.3 million from their crypto creations.
4. Pak — Pak is an omniscient designer/developer/wizard, one of the leads of the design scene as the founder of Undream, and one of the prominent social media figures as the creator of Archillect, the synthetic curator.
Pak is currently in uncharted space experimenting with new forms of creation and communication, discovering, learning, and teaching along the journey. X is a collection of 15 moments, featuring 13 editions (x/n) and 2 auctions (1/1). X’s ‘infinite editions’ (x/n) are not limited with count but limited with time. One single day of infinite existence.
Pak has raked in $8.4 million with a single piece that sold for almost $150,000.
5. Gregmike: Born and raised in Connecticut, childhood trips to NYC in the mid-’80s exposed “Greg Mike” Mensching to the creative potential of reinventing public spaces through art and design.
Always obsessed with the boundless energy and crisp line work of iconic American mid-century cartoons, by his early teens, Greg began using the walls on the streets to fuse these two passions together. Further inspired by his deep involvement with skate culture and his intersections with the design world, he has become known for pieces that incorporate vivid explosions of incandescent color filtered through a Surrealist Pop Art perspective.
The gap returns with the fifth top NFT artist that has made $3.79 million from their works.
6. Fewocious — This 18 yr old artist kicks off the second half of the list with $14.76 million made from his artwork so far.
You’ll be amazed to hear his story: https://decrypt.co/55203/how-this-digital-artist-made-370000-in-crypto-on-their-18th-birthday
FEWOCiOUS again made crypto headlines before Christmas when a piece commissioned by the boisterous co-founders of blockchain hedge fund Morgan Creek Digital, Anthony Pompliano, and Jason Williams, fetched $21,350 at auction.
7. Hackatao — Hackatao is an artist duo formed in Milan in 2007. ‘Hack’ for the pleasure of going under the skin and discovering what’s hidden inside; ‘Tao’ for Yin and Yang, their creative dynamic balance.
The works of this digital artist have made them $3.9 million and they’ve sold the least on this list with a total of 530 pieces.
8. Bosslogic — The next to last spot on the list is held by an artist with about $3.31 million made from their art and the highest sale price of $35,000 for a single piece.
9. Slimesunday — Bring up the last spot on the list is an artist with $3.3 million made from 1,092 pieces of their work.
Slimesunday is a digital collage artist based out of Boston MA. He consistently pushes the limits of what is acceptable in mainstream media, exploring bizarre and erotic topics. His primary portfolio is displayed on Instagram where he has generated over 500K followers. Slimesunday’s art can be found in Playboy, Penthouse, Hunger, Plastik, and Glamour Magazine.
10. Mankind: Rhett Dashwood was an Art Director from award-winning branding, digital, and advertising studios.
After a near-death experience concerning health, a mental existential struggle began that he found echoed the pages of ‘Confession’ by Leo Tolstoy. ‘Since death is inevitable, what is the meaning of life?” He found the answer of hope by exploring, creating, and sharing through the moniker ‘Mankind’.’
His ‘Still Movements’ collection features 3 auctions at varying prices and quantities. His total artwork value has been 600k so far. He is gaining a lot of momentum with his recent drops and his upcoming collaborations will be minting him millions.
11. SixnFive: Contemporary design studio based in Barcelona specializing in still life visuals, videos, and objects with a clean and modern aesthetic; Apart from working on advertising, editorial, and video commissions, they also find time to create experimental work which is legitimizing CGI as a new medium for creative self-expression and Art.
They have made over 300k from their serene and nature-inspired drops.
12. Smeccea: SMECCEA is a motion designer based in Canada.
Her work often examines abstract ideas, nature, and self-discovery. She grounds her work based on careful introspection, always drawn to working in many creative mediums. She has made over 580K from her work so far.
13. MBSJQ: Digital Artist Fascinated With Iridescent & Outer Space. mbsjq’s genesis series Astro & The Universe gives you a glimpse of a brave astronauts’ journey to a psychedelic space-world.
Filled with colorful surprises and innovative design, fasten your seatbelt as you embark on a journey through mbsjq’s universe. MBSJQ uses a variety of digital mediums to craft unique vibrant artworks with a great understanding of composition and minimalism. Their total artwork is valued at 1.2 million $ so far.
Conclusion: NFTs are still early and will evolve. Their utility will increase as digital experiences are built around them, including marketplaces, social networks, showcases, games, and virtual worlds. Someday every internet community might have its own micro-economy, including NFTs and fungible tokens that users can use, own, and collect. Crypto has a history of boom and bust cycles, and it’s very possible NFTs will have their own ups and downs